Friday, June 8, 2018

Jalie Joelle for Geriatrics

OK, I'm hardly geriatric, but I think we can agree that I am not typical leotard-wearing age.  Good.  Typical is boring.

Jalie has just released another phenomenal collection of sewing patterns, and I thought it would be interesting to show an adult in the new Joelle pattern.  Those who follow me know that I enjoy taking Jalie's skating and gymnastics patterns and bringing them into daywear; Jalie's skatewear patterns often have a lot of lovely design features which work well in casualwear, too.  Joelle caught my eye because of the lovely open back combined with the mock collar.

I had some leftover spandex from sewing gymnastics longs for my son a couple of years ago, so I used that to give Joelle a whirl. As expected, the drafting of the pattern is excellent.  I sewed my usual size R and didn't need to make any modifications. I haven't sewn an invisible zipper for a long time and I don't have a special invisible zipper foot, so I followed Burda's excellent tutorial.

 A coupe of cheeky rear shots.  😉

I don't actually plan to wear this as a leotard- I'm not currently involved in any leotard-requiring activities- but I DO have some plans for styling the lovely Joelle.





Joelle would go very nicely with Jalie's new pencil skirt pattern, Lisette.
What about some tulle for a bit of fun?


And how about pairing it with a long formal mermaid skirt?  
Image result for mermaid skirt sewing pattern

Or a full floor length circle skirt? Image result for sewing pattern formal full skirt
I definitely have plans for Joelle...

How would you style the lovely Joelle?

2 comments: