Monday, June 4, 2018

Introducing the Jalie Clara leggings!

I was thrilled to be asked by Jalie to be one of their promotional pattern testers.  I tested three patterns, and this first pattern, the Clara leggings, has generated a BUTTLOAD of interest.
Ha ha.  See what I did there?
I have at least 10 different sewing patterns for leggings, and it seems that I am not alone in pursuing the Holy Grail of leggings: ones which look great, stay up, cover everything we want covered, and avoid the dreaded cameltoe.
Introducing Jalie's Clara leggings, which may just be the Holy Grail of leggings.  With no front seam and a gusset, I think you will agree that I have attained Barbie Doll crotch status with these tights.
I associate gussets with athletic tights, so for my first pair, I made the Claras out of supplex.  I thought the  wide contoured waistband looked great for staying in place doing squats, and I was right.

They are super comfortable as athletic tights.

I need to point out, however, that these are not compression tights.  If you are looking for athletic tights which hold everything in, these may not be the answer.  They were not designed as athletic tights, they were designed as casualwear leggings.  (Gussets can be in casualwear leggings too.  Hurrah!)
So I made a pair out of pleather

I have never felt so much like Catwoman before in my life.  And I like it a lot!
So there you have it.  The incredible, possibly groundbreaking Clara leggings by Jalie.  I have one more test for them- I'm looking forward to trying them in plaid to see how the pattern matches. 
Now, I'm not saying Claras will replace every other leggings pattern.  There are great athletic leggings patterns out there (I love Jalie's Cora and Isabelle and Greenstyle's Stride Athletic tights for all the colour blocking options).  But for all other casual leggings and comfortable circus/yoga style leggings, Clara will be my new go-to pattern.
This pattern is available from www.jalie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment